BASS LAKE 5K POKER Run & GO FISH Fun Run
A chip timed 5K with an exciting twist.
5K Poker Run (ages 13+) & Go Fish Fun Run (kids 12 and under)
Participants collect 5 playing cards along the 3 mile run course and try to make the best 5 card POKER hand. Go Fish participants will try to get the best matching hand for ages 12 and under. No trading cards. Five-card hand will be stapled together at finish line, removing staples voids the hand.
5K Best Hand Poker & Go Fish Prizes will consist of lodging, dining, and gifts from our local Bass Lake area merchants.
All participants will be entered into a drawing to win a 2 night stay in a 2 bedroom cabin at the Redwoods In Yosemite. Must be present to win. Drawing to be held during the Triathlon awards ceremony starting at 1 pm. Courtesy of our friends at the Redwoods In Yosemite.
See below for 5K Poker Run Rules.
100% OF ALL 5K PROCEEDS GO TO LOCAL YOUTH CHARITIES
You can register online or pick up applications at Bass Lake Realty or the visitor center at Visit Yosemite | Madera County in Oakhurst.
Adults $25 (before 5/25 and $35 at race)
Children (5-15 years) with paid Adult only $15 (before 5/25 and $20 at race)
WHAT YOU GET
Custom 5K Race T-Shirt (t-shirts not guaranteed for late entries)
Chances to win the additional raffle prizes
Custom "Finishers Medal" for all those who finish the race
Discount at the barbecue lunch at the race provided by the Bass Lake Lions Club
One free beer (for all adults who finish the race)
Race goody and information bag
5K Race Details
START TIME - 7:30 am
NOTE: arrive early as traffic can get congested. Overflow parking at the Bass Lake Government Center with free shuttle to the race.
The Pines Village
54432 Road 432
Bass Lake, California 93604
70 at start, 80 at finish
PACKET PICK-UP & REGISTRATION
May 31 - Sierra Running Company
9447 N. Fort Washington, Suite 106, Fresno
4:30pm - 7:00pm,
June 1 - The Pines Resort
Pines Village Park (Start/Finish Line)
54432 Road 432
Bass Lake, California 93604
4:00pm - 7:00pm
Race Day - Pines Village Park - Packet Pick Up available before 6:30am, race day registration available for 5K only.
5K AWARDS CEREMONY
June 2nd, 9:30 am, Finish Line. See "Party Schedule" page for more information.
POKER RUN & GO FISH RULES
1. Participants are not required to participate in the Poker Run or Go Fish. If you want to skip the card stations and just run for time and age group awards then you may do so.
2. Age prizes will be awarded by time in traditional age categories. You may participate in both the timed age group prizes and the Best Hand contest.
3. Must be present to win Best Hand contest. Must be present to receive 5K awards.
4. Must be 13 and older to play Poker and must be 12 and under to play Go Fish.
5. Poker hands will be scored according to pokerstars.com/poker/games/rules/hand-rankings/.
6. In the event of a tie, cards will be drawn from a deck, with the highest card winning (Aces are low).
7. Poker Run Best Hand winner categories: Men, Women, 13-19.
8. Go Fish Best Hand winner categories: Ages 0-5, 6-9, 10-12
9. Cards may not be traded among participants either during or after the race. Once you draw a card from a card station it is yours and must be retained. After the race, your cards will be stapled together. Only those cards still originally stapled are eligible for Best Hand prizes. Participants who trade cards will be disqualified from all age group and Best Hand prizes.
The Bass Lake Yosemite Triathlon is a chip timed race. The chip is a tiny transmitter attached to your shoe. When you cross the finish line the chip transmits a signal to a antenna in the blue carpet. The antenna picks up the signal and sends it to our timing computers for processing.
Please pick up your chip on RACE MORNING at the finish chute just in front of the Finish Line.
After you finish, please return your chip at the finish line. If you DNF or forget to return your chip please return your chip to the announcer.
See "Party Schedule" page for more information.
We understand that plans can change. Unfortunately we are not able to give out any refund, for any reason. We will not transfer your entry to another race nor roll it over to the following year. However, with races selling out we do not want individuals stuck with an entry they cannot use. Therefore, if you notify us prior to March 15th, we will refund you 75% of your entry fee, less any charges incurred by active.com.
We need to order t-shirts 10 days before the event. All athletes will be guaranteed a t-shirt in the size recorded on their entry blank or indicated on Active.com, if the entry is received on or before May 20, 2015. Entries received after that date may not receive a shirt.